Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How to make African American hair grow?

I'm 3/4 African American and 1/4 Indian and my hair used to be long past my shoulders when I was a kid but I had to get it cut because I let people play in my hair and they tangled it up but know I'm 13 almost 14 and my hair has been cut since I was like 9 or 10 but it doesn't want to grow back how do I make it grow back?



I have micro braids right now!



How to make African American hair grow?

You hair is always growing. if it wasnt you would be bald! What you need to focus on it retaining length. most likely the reason you do not see length is because you hair is breaking off.



you need to assess the reason why your hair is breaking off. it it frequent relaxers? too much heat? not enough moisture?



here are some site that are great resources on how to help you attain the length you want



www.longhaircareforum.com



www.blackhairmedia.com



in these site they have black women (mixed and unmixed( with who are in the process of attaining or already have long hair. i find them a great encouragement and a great source of information. remember to look on the forums!



How to make African American hair grow?

I am the same (heritage wise!!) ok get a trim when you take out your micros, deep condtion then keep your hair in a protective style buns, braids, sew ins etc... Please use a deep conditioner and refrain from using heat everyday!! If you do so,your hair will not retain length.. Trust me you will see growth.. Also if you get relaxers please space them out do not relax every 8 wks. try going for 3 months (12wks)... It will improve the overall health of your hair..

No comments:

Post a Comment