Sunday, July 26, 2009

Any african-american hairstylists know which home relaxer is best to use on regular african american

I am african american with regular chin-length hair. I wrap my hair everynight, but the crown seems to be broken off and will hardly grow. Also, I try not to use heat on my hair-is using a hooded dryer better than a blow dryer? Also, what is the best at-home relaxer and hair care line I could use? I really can't afford to go to a beautician every two weeks. However, when I did, they made my hair grow really fast. What were they putting in my hair to make it grow so fast?



Any african-american hairstylists know which home relaxer is best to use on regular african american hair?

I'm not a professional hair-stylist but I really like the "Organic Root stimulator olive oil No-Lye relaxer system" or the "Dark %26amp; Lovely No-Lye Conditioning relaxing system". You can't go wrong with those (in my opinion). I had that same problem with the crown of my head. If you keep your hair moisturized and keep your ends clips, Your hair will grow fast. Also stay clear of hairstyles that put stress on that particular spot. Wrapping is cool though. ummmm I guess thats it. oh yeah hooded dryers are definently better than blow dryers. For me Ive actually started letting my hair air dry. I would wrap it with a mousse and go to sleep and the next morning it would be dry. Thats only if you have the time. Hooded dryers are the next best thing. The lesser the heat the stronger your hair will become. I moisturize my hair with olive oil (yes from the grocery store) lol and it keeps it shiny/full of life( just a tea spoon every other day). Or you could use the regular olive oil hair lotion from the hair store.



Hope that helped....good luck.



Any african-american hairstylists know which home relaxer is best to use on regular african american hair?

I use just for me. It makes my hair look shiny %26amp; healthy. Gives it a nice a bounce......



Any african-american hairstylists know which home relaxer is best to use on regular african american hair?

Yes, a hooded dryer is better. Try wrapping the hair and tying it securely and let it air dry at home while doing daily chores, this works to cut out some of the heat put on the hair, especially if you plan to flat iron or curl your hair. The only thing a beautician will do is trim the hair every two weeks, wash and condition the hair well, and usually when you get your hair styled, you don't put any more heating products on it. Try buying the products your stylist uses and wash and condition your hair weekly, and this may work.

No comments:

Post a Comment