Monday, July 27, 2009

African-American hair question: Is it okay to go swimming, shampoo & dry, then chemically relax

I need a relaxer. Bad. My hair is thick with new-growth and curling around the edges and frizzed at the ends (although not split because I just had them cut a couple of weeks ago). But my neighborhood pool just opened up and I really want to go swimming. Is it okay if I swim one day, of course shampoo and conditioning it afterwards (and using a blower to dry), and then put a chemical relaxer in my hair the next day? If not how long should I wait in between? Thanks in advance ladies!



African-American hair question: Is it okay to go swimming, shampoo %26amp; dry, then chemically relax the next day?

no, u are suppose to wait at least week after u wash ur hair to get a perm.



African-American hair question: Is it okay to go swimming, shampoo %26amp; dry, then chemically relax the next day?

NO! You should not wash your hair prior to perming it. This can lead to serious scalp burn. Definately do not swim and then relax. Stay out of the pool, get you hair relaxed, and then go swimming. Wear a cap as the chlorine is not a good combo with perm chemicals.



African-American hair question: Is it okay to go swimming, shampoo %26amp; dry, then chemically relax the next day?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! If you do, your hair will fall out. Either wait three weeks to get a relaxer and go swimming or get the relaxer and look cute by the pool. Also you can not wash your have before you get a relaxer. Please listen or you will be crying later...my cousin did this when she was younger and her hair has not grew back the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment