Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Help with my African American hair! I have tried everything!?

I wore weave (sewed, glued, braids) for about 2 years straight and I have been going to the salon for about 2 years straight and my hair is shorter and more damaged now than before I started going. I know my stylist is good because everyone else who goes to her hair grows but mine. I have used growth oils and the longest I went without heat on my hair was 2 weeks. But my hair is so damaged that I can't simply wrap it because it comes out looking bad! It's longer on one side than the other and thicker on one side than the other and it has no body, not even after I first get it done. I have recently started taking vitamins and I am hoping those work because I don't know what else to do. I used to have long, thick hair up until about 7 years ago, then it just went downhill! Any suggestions on what to do besides going natural? I am considering getting micro braids because I will not be able to go to the salon. I hear they help with hair growth.



Help with my African American hair! I have tried everything!?

Well, all that braiding and messing with, and drier heat on the hair is definitely going to take a toll eventually. I'd suggest that you decide to just quit all that stuff, and give your poor ole "murdered" hairs a chance to get resurrected LOL. This happened a long time ago, but to this day I remember walking into the post office to get some stamps, and right in front of me in the line was a black woman who looked just fabulous. She not only had the most beautiful facial features, but she had her very african hair cropped close to her head, like a man's only beautifully shaped around her head. And it showed off a beautifully shaped head too. I couldn't keep my eyes off her, and almost was going to tap her on the shoulder and tell her how much I admired her "do" I kinda thought twice about it, and then it was her turn, and before I could make up my mind she was headed out the door. She gave me a very nice smile when she turned around and walked past me. I am thinking that while you are giving your own mangled hair a chance to recover, you might consider the cropped look. Also, you are absolutely right that what you put IN your body has a lot to do with the health of ALL your body parts, including skin, nails and hair. Eat healthy and take a multivitamin every day. You can also get supplements that specifically target hair. Just don't keep doing all that braided stuff. I mean it can look very nice, but it's gonna kill your hair eventually. And by the way, there is not one shred of evidence I ever heard of that there is anything that accellerates the growth of things like hair and nails. They are programmed to g row a certain amount maximum, and that's it. The best way you can maximise hair length is to get your whole system in A class health from the Inside, so that the hair does not become brittle and break at the ends



Help with my African American hair! I have tried everything!?

Get the micro mini's. That way your hair can grow in the braids.



Your hair got damaged because your not suppost to keep glue and weave in for 2 years straight. That will make you have the problems that you are having now. Let me know how the vitamins go because i was thinking about trying them too.



Help with my African American hair! I have tried everything!?

well you could try the Ionic straiting it works wonders. I'm black I know what you are going through. there are 2 problems with this though. it's really expensive and it takes forever ,but it is so worth it and if you can find a place that does it I completely suggest it.



Help with my African American hair! I have tried everything!?

I wouldn't suggest you get micros, depending on who does it, they can pull your hair resulting in more hair loss. I would suggest you get a haircut to start over, and stick with those vitamins, good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment