Monday, July 27, 2009

African American hair - serious answers please?

Whatever I do to it, it breaks off.



It's tight and thick. I don't like going to the hairdresser because it's expensive.



If ai use a relaxer my hair breaks off. If I use the baby to medium relaxer it's as if nothing has happend and I have to use a hot comb anyway. Which also breaks my hair off.



blow drying it straight is a joke.



How do I get my hair to not only grow but to stay from breaking off.



African American hair - serious answers please?

Use natural remedies to avoid high costs of salons. I wash and condition with using about a cup of vinegar. Whatever shampoo you use, mix the cup of vinegar in and massage your hair. Shampoo. Repeat the same with your conditioner, but leave it in for about 30 minutes. After this, you'll notice a dramatic difference in how soft your hair is. Stay away from relaxers if you can manage it better with these simple remedies.



You do need to get your ends clipped every month, to remedy those breaking ends. Moisturize your hair with light oil. Grease isn't that good on my hair and I don't like the way it weighs my hair down. Beside it clogs your scalp pores. Use olive oil as a moisturizer. Deep condition your hair every week for best results. Hopefully you'll get those results.



I know that cost you said was a problem for you but I know that redkin serum works wonders on hair also, surprisingly black hair. It's expensive but a drop of it makes your hair smooth and polished.



African American hair - serious answers please?

if u cornrow ur hair n don't take it out till one wk then it will make ur hair grow b/c ur not doin to much to it n ur hair begins to grow...this is what my mom use to do to my hair n my hair grew alot but when i got older i cut it n now i'm doin the method again and this method as well well when ur younger ur hair grows nice n faster b/c of the exercise n deit u've grown up with...i had the same problem u have i use to have long hair down where my bra strap is and i choped it to ear length and it took awhile to grow back...but now its past my clavical...took 2yrs to find the best way to grow it back...what i do is i use oil base condionter n shampoo and precondition my hair b4 i wash it like hot oil treatments or put cond. on the ends of my hair then i wash it and i leave a lil put of cond. on the ends to keep it perfect from the heat n also from brushin it like crazy..i also take prenatal vitamins which help b/c of the folic aicd and vitamin b...also just trim the ends where u see a split end not to much just enough so it won't go ne higher...if u try this method it should help the hair to come back nice b/c i told my friend the same thing n she can't stop tellin me thank u



African American hair - serious answers please?

Stop adding heat to it. Braids, cornrows, dreads are permanent so only if you want to keep them. If you do have to add heat then only do it once or twice a week. If you wrap your hair really good at night you shouldn't have to get up in the morning and flat iron it. Get a very straight hair style that doesn't require you curl it. there is a product called heat and shine made by Black and Sassy use that in combination with CPR by motions. The CPR is a conditioner I let it sit about twenty minutes on my daughters hair. then wash it out and add the heat and shine before I blow dry. Then I flat iron it.



African American hair - serious answers please?

I would start by saying find a very good conditioner for your hair and keep it up yourself if you can't afford a hair dresser. Now I was like that 6 moths ago were I couldn't afford a hair dresser but I had to break down and do it because I nearly going bald on one side. And as time progress my hair is getting back to normal. We do sew ins with all my hair braided underneath ( Please find someone who knows exactly what they're doing and not an amatuer because if the take it out the wrong way then it could be more damage.), Cornrows, and Micro Braids ( Be careful with micros because if the braider doesn't be too careful by braiding too tight then your edges will start to deplete.), and I get perms in between all these to keep my hair healthy. With my hair grade I don't have to get perms as soon as other people may. I can go a total of 2 months without a perm and by that time I put another sew in on my head to let it grow and do the whole process over again. I never thought that I would love a weave so much but honestly I lOVE IT because it is low maintenance and good for the head. Plus I love the added attenntion from the guys!!! I love the versitility in the styles you can do with weaves and micros both will give you less time of a hassle in my opinion. But honestly investing in a hair dresser is not a bad idea. And I am so thankful for the sweet person who I have for that service because things are not cheap and we work with eachother. My hair is way better than it was 6 months ago!!! Another thing is try the Creme of Nature perm because that is what she used on my head and plus oil your scalp before processing that way you can control the perm better and lessen scalp contact with the perm!!! Also when you don't know the effects of a perm or any other hair product that could possibly damage the hair please do a strand or patch test to see the results in one controlled area before doing the whole head to be on the safe side of things ( I would say process a very small unnoticiable are to see).My mom does hair too and boy do I miss getting my hair done for free.....lol.



African American hair - serious answers please?

Well ok, you said you use relaxers and i can tell you that this weakens your hair because it forces that structure of your hair to change, in white and blk hair... Now you said you put a hot comb through your hair if your relaxer doesn't work!!!!! NO!!! that hot comb will melt/destroy the chemicals of the relaxer and your hair will break off/fall out and if you do it often enought sweetie you ain gon hav no hair...i kno professionals may do this but they hav been doin it a long time and kno what they are doin temp. wise



now my gma who is a beautician , makes this mixture of Bergamot oil and Olive Oil and she uses it in vaseline so it wont run down everywhere but either way it does the same thing which is will promote growth, help dandruff and hydrate you hair if its dry....and the best way to use this mixture is to get your hair braided, whether micros...cornrows...etc. to give your hair a change to recoporate from the damage (FYI: a lil Bergamot oil in the mixture kinda goes a long way, and also you may not lik the smell but it does help)



if you have any more questions or concerns I'd be happy to help you (my hair used to b lik that) and you can email me at Honey_dip0260@yahoo.com and maybe explain to me some more detail on whats happening, theres a lot of other things lik leave in conditioners i could tell you about that wont harm your hair...because some conditioners will hurt you more then help you (even tho the commercials looks so good)

No comments:

Post a Comment