Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dry African American Hair, hot oil treatment?

I have EXTREMELY dry, african-american textured hair (natural). Someone suggested i use a hot oil treatment, so I did all that stuff with the hot oil and cholesterol in my hair, and after i washed it out, my hair felt really soft at first (still a little wet). But when it completley dried off, it was exactly the same as before! It is just really rough and course and nappy... i really don't know what to do now, i need some suggestions!



Dry African American Hair, hot oil treatment?

there is a product line called deep briliance. they are salon products so they have to be purchased from a salon. the owner of the salon i work in has several women with your hair type and this is the line that he uses on them.



Dry African American Hair, hot oil treatment?

COMB that sh1t!



Dry African American Hair, hot oil treatment?

I love African American hair =]



It's really unique and beautiful.



But if you are looking to straighten it out a bit I'd suggest getting it chemically done at the hairdressers.



Dry African American Hair, hot oil treatment?

Nappy is Normal for our texture or knotty...whatever one may call it...I say try deep conditioning w/ heat and a leave in...oil does not directly moisturize the hair it hugs the hair shaft so moisture cannot get out...so I say use a moisturizer...deep condition once a week I use this aloe stuff by Fantasia it is in a white jar...let it sit 2 hours and then when you rinse that put on a moisturizer and let it air dry. I think what you are doing to it may be the problem. I also put some Mane N Tail deep moisturizing conditioner in my hair and it leaves it so soft (the conditioner is blue)...put youtube, natural hair products in the google search bar and just sit and watch a couple of their videos. I learned alot about black, natural hair care. Learn to read the ingredients too and what works for your hair...your hair is naturaly dry so you have to learn how to manage and moisturize and condition it...look at the videos. Peace.



Dry African American Hair, hot oil treatment?

Hi, I am a hair stylist and my sister and I both have that kind of hair. After you rinse out your treatment, make sure you use hair lotion, leave-in conditioner, or blowout lotion before you blowdry. When you blowdry your hair, use a comb attachment if you can get one; if not you can use a wide tooth comb. I don't use hair grease either, I use hair oil. Parnevu has some very great oil sheen and oil that you can get from walmart or the drugstore. After you are all dry, make sure you have a boar bristle brush and a satin cap. Never sleep on cotton and never brush wet hair. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment