Monday, July 27, 2009

African American hair VS. Caucasian hair????

I'll admit it. I'm a naive white girl. I can't figure out what the difference between Black women's hair and White women's hair.. (Obviously it's different, but how? What needs to be done to keep it healthy??)



African American hair VS. Caucasian hair????

What I just can say is both African-American women and Caucasian women have beautiful perfect hair!



(Incidentally I am an Asian)



African American hair VS. Caucasian hair????

Black hair is more curly and course, thick too. White hair is usually thinner and less kinky. I'm mixed so my hair is kind of weird. It's really (x5) thick. I just have a lot of hair and it's naturally curly, so I relax it.



African American hair VS. Caucasian hair????

For one, ethnic hair (how we referred to it when I worked as a cosmetologist) is more fragile than caucasian hair. I've worked on ethnic and caucasian hair and I think hair is hair. One of the problems with ethnic hair is when you try to straighten it, it resists more. It wants to kink, so you have to work with it more.



African American hair VS. Caucasian hair????

I am mixed, both black and white and I am fortunate enough to have the best of both worlds! Black hair is more highly affected by humidity and water in the sense that it gets REALLY frizzy! For those of us who streighten our hair using a relaxer (a sort of perm), that must be done about every 6 weeks to straighten new growth. This is a minimum 2 hour process for the straightening alone, not to mention an extra 2 hours for styling. Black people don't often wash and go like my white friends do, unless they have a natural curly look! Though white people go through similar things, blacks have more time that they put into it!



African American hair VS. Caucasian hair????

Im not mixed but my hair was naturlly curly and thick like a mixed persons hair. But it was very very long and now its permed. Im African American

No comments:

Post a Comment