Saturday, August 1, 2009

Some advice on african-american hair?

What is the very best way to have loose-sty hair for an african-american, and that it will look natural? The type of hair that's easliy to comb, and blows in the wind. I know of a relaxer, but you have to put oil or grease in it. It may look nice,but its sticky and greasy. Can anyone recommend someone or place to go? Can you give me more details? I really like to have loose wavy dark hair. I really appreciate all those who kindly help me!!



Some advice on african-american hair?

Key is moisture. Real moisture, and grease (petroleum based products or mineral oil based) is not moisture. It's gross and it traps in dirt and impurites in the hair and scalp...so stay away from that entirely.



I use a line called Humble on my hair. Products are reasonably priced, around 4-7 dollars each, and are natural. I hate having anything weigh my hair down, and wear my hair in waves about 3-4 times a week.



1. Stay away from petroleum



2. Wash with a moisturizing shampoo (1/wk)



3. Deep condition (1/wk)



4. Use a real moisturizer (natural oils)



5. Style. I'll either braid all my hair in one braid in the back...or part it into four sections, then twist and pin them up individually. In the AM, I finger comb through. That's it.



~best



ps



also depends on the texture of your hair. You might have to flat-iron it after you put in the natural moisturizers, then do the remaining steps.



Some advice on african-american hair?

There are some hair moisturizers that won't make the hair sticky and greasy. Your hair needs moisture so it won't become dry and break off. I suggest you use Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion. You can also add a oil sheen hair spray instead.



Some advice on african-american hair?

moisturizeing shampoo[''soft n gentle]'' and conditioner[in jar that looks like mayonnise its a colesterol conditioner] after shampoo when hair is still wet rinse out just a small amount of the conditioner leave a little in your hair put setting gel[''lotta body setting gel ''on hair rollers until completely dry useing hot irons will not give you enough bounce



Some advice on african-american hair?

I found that alot of natural hair products work best. Giovanni direct leave-in conditioner works great on my hair and does wonders on loosening my new growth while I am streching my relaxers. Try going to any vitamin store or H-E-B has a natural aisle. Also, buy a wider-toothed comb that does not have a sliver in the middle of the individual combs... these act as scissors and can rip through your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment