Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dominican stylist/salon for African American hair.?

Hi I would like to have my hair relaxed (touchup) and am having finding an affordable stylist I trust. Can anyone recommend a good salon/stylist in Manhattan/Harlem for a relaxer (touchup) for African American hair? Please give me as much detail as possible. salon, stylist, address, phone, price.



Thanks a bunch!



Dominican stylist/salon for African American hair.?

I wish I could help but have never in my life had a positive hair salon experience and cannot recommend a good stylist for you. The only thing I can tell you is not to have so much faith in Dominican salons because they aren't ALWAYS the best and I think by specifying that they must be "Dominican", you are limiting yourself from other stylists that may be as good if not better than the Dominican ones. I'm 18 and have only went to get my hair done in a salon once in my life. My mom usually does my hair and I'm generally satisfied with the results but decided that it would be a great experience to go to a salon for once and get my hair done by a professional. I couldn't have been more wrong. I went to a Dominican place recommended to me by a cousin to get a touchup and in the middle of applying the relaxer to my hair, the hairstylist stopped to talk to her friend. When I told her my scalp was burning, she just sprayed some hair spray on my head and continued to take her time. She finally washed the relaxer out of my hair a whole hour later! Afterwards, she unevenly trimmed the ends of my hair and blew my hair out until it started to make smoke. My mother and I were horrified! While the hairstyle I got was nice and straight, the damage it caused to my hair is something I have to cope with to this day. So please don't make the same mistake I did and assume that Dominican hair salons are superior to others.



Dominican stylist/salon for African American hair.?

hey, I actually go to an Dominican salon in Manhattan and it's very cheap and they are uber fast and hair comes out very nice. it's on 145 street..i forget the name but I'll try and get back to you. check it out. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment