Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Does anyone with kinky african-american hair use a ceramic straighter?

I have thick african-american kinky hair that's in twists right now but I want to straight it sometimes. What good ceramic straighter is good for straighting and curling. Also, what heat proctector do you use? Thanks.



Does anyone with kinky african-american hair use a ceramic straighter?

CHI!!!!!!!!! I've tried all of them just about and this is the best straightener you will find (in my opinion). THey are all little on the expensive side, but soooo worth it. I also use biolage heat therapy (thermal protector)



Does anyone with kinky african-american hair use a ceramic straighter?

go to a beauty supply store and talk to someone that is professional.



Does anyone with kinky african-american hair use a ceramic straighter?

make sure to use full ceramic flat iron, NOT ceramic plated. I got mine for $20 at a cvs. It works very, very well- my hair gets soft and straight without damage, and you can use it to dry your hair if you're willing to go over it a few times. also, don't use grease or anything. after your hair is straight you can follow it up with pure vitamin e oil or wild growth. and my hair is very, very nappy- pure african. when i feel like going straight i flat iron it and it lasts for quite a while. The key is moving slowly down each hair section- get zen with it. good luck!



also, jheri redding straighting balm (the kind in the purple bottle) is really great as both a detangler and a pre-straightener. I use this before i flat iron, not all the time though as i don't like a lot of build up. also can get at cvs



Does anyone with kinky african-american hair use a ceramic straighter?

As long as you're using a proper ceramic straightener, and not those cheap straighteners, you'll probably be OK.



By the way, you can use most straighteners for curling, check out http://www.updoprincess.com/How_to_get_w... for how to do it !



Does anyone with kinky african-american hair use a ceramic straighter?

I use a solia and I also use a regular pressing comb. I use them both at a very low temperature. I use the regular pressing comb to detangle and the solia to straighten and smooth. I limit the use to right after I have washed my hair. After I have straightened my hair, I don't touch the tools again until after I have washed my hair. For tips on straightening your hair visit my blog post at http://ofranklin.wordpress.com/2007/01/1...

No comments:

Post a Comment